Firstly, Clubs and members should always refer to the NSFA wet weather message and not the Hornsby Council message. If Council has closed the grounds then naturally we will do the same, however, there are a few instances in a year where NSFA make an overriding decision to close the grounds. In addition:-
- Decisions on weekend ground closures are generally not made until Friday. Councils and schools assess their grounds and advise NSFA by 2:30pm which grounds are unfit to play. NSFA policy is to play as many matches as possible on any ground that is left open by councils and schools. A wet weather message will be communicated on the NSFA website by 5:00pm Friday.
- Grounds may also be closed on Saturday mornings by clubs or referees if they deem the ground unfit to play. Every effort will be made to communicate these ground closures to teams via the website before teams leave for their match. However this may not always be possible as these decisions are made based on weather conditions that can be variable across different parts of our association.
- Decisions on Sunday matches will be made as soon as practical. Often this will not be until late on Saturday afternoon. If the forecast for Sunday is looking more positive, please do not assume that Sunday games are off if Saturday games are cancelled. Once again, please check the NSFA Website and Facebook Page by 7:00pm on Saturday night.
- Rain on the night before or on the morning of the match does not necessarily mean your match will be cancelled. We do not cancel games for rain. We only cancel games if the ground has been closed or is deemed unfit for play. If there are cancellations or postponements of matches, or matches are relocated, the website will be updated to reflect this. Please continue to check the draw on our website as your game may be cancelled at one ground and relocated to another that is open for play in some circumstances.
When creating your PlayFootball account, the system sends a verification code to your email address. PlayFootball support is aware of an issue where in some cases, the email is not received. If this has happened to you, please:
- check your spam/junk folder to make sure the email has not ended up there
- click the option to resend the verification code
- if you have access to an alternate email address, you can try to use that (please note that using a different email address to last year will mean that your historical profile is not linked to the new PlayFootball account)
- if it has still not arrived within a few minutes, follow these steps:
- set the subject to: Verification Code
- within the email body: provide your name and email address
To cancel a PlayFootball registration, perform the following steps:
- Login to your PlayFootball account
- Select the person whose registration you want to cancel on top right hand side of screen
- Navigate to the Activity -> Registrations page
- Click on cancel on the right hand side of the current or pending registration
If you have already submitted your registration without including the Active Kids Voucher, please email the following details to [email protected]
- Voucher Number
- Full Name (must exactly match what you entered at Service NSW)